Sunday, May 4, 2014

Why Wait?

Why wait to be greeted?
Why wait to figure things out?
Why not be proactive?
Why not ask people?
Why not seek to be put to work?

Today I tried to find my new Singles Ward. It was a challenge. It involved 3 wards, 2 welcoming committies, 2 bishoprics, and a very kind girl. But it is done. Not everyone has viewed this new situation as I have. I am optimistic.

Don't look at the new situation as something scary. See the new situation as a new start:
a time to thrive
a time to grow
a time to make new friends
a time to learn from the example of others
a time to have a more full life
a time to embrace the life presented to you

I feel like a new kid just moving into a non-freshman-dorm-ward. I feel young and inexperienced...but that's ok. Because it was when I was in those shoes, 5 years ago, that I grew the most. This has the potential to be a really good thing...if I let it be.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

LOVE your attitude! Only good things can come with an attitude like that!