Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Buggie Panic Attack

1.M.of.A #18

Let it be known to all the world that I am a clean freak, and that I take great pride in my ability to clean and KEEP a clean house. (Bragging: I get compliments form my visitors on how clean my house is and how thorough I am at cleaning up after a meal.)

Sooooo, what happened last night ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED me.

I was almost done prepping dinner, and was about to throw it in a pan to bake in the oven. I pulled out a dish, and there was a single slug/maggot looking thing in it! I pulled out the next 8x8 pan....another maggot! Then I pulled out my third 8x8 pan...and there were 3 mini maggot/slug things!!!!!

GROSS!!!!

*Here is the backstory....a month or 2 ago, when I got to school, I found a mini maggot/slug thing on my lunch bag at school. I thought I had brushed by a bush as I walked to school. The bug was no longer than a centimeter, and maybe a millimeter or 2 thick. Nothing to worry about. Then maybe 2 weeks later, I found one in my cupboard. I was rather perplexed as to how it got there...because I was still under the impression that it had come from outside. Another few weeks went by, and I found another 1 or 2. Ewwwww!!

I didn't think too much of it. I expressed my concern to Alex, but he didn't think it was a big deal. We didn't have any rotting food in the house, none of our dry ingredients had been contaminated or infested...so it must be a fluke.

Back to last night...
 After finding all the bugs in my baking pans, I started to pull everything out of that cupboard. The faster I pulled them out, the faster my heart rate went. Then I started into the drawers right above the cupboard....1 or 2 more mini bugs in each drawer! Then my breathing changed, and something came over me...

I became a woman with a mad mission of destroying her kitchen. I pulled out everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!!! Where were these nasty booger coming from?!?!? I called Alex in a panic told him I needed him home as soon as possible so I didn't explode or over exaggerate. I frantically searched the internet for an explanation, but nothing matched up.

When he got home, he found me in a whirling tizzy, the kitchen looking like a war zone, and me almost crying.

This is why I love my husband:
- He helped me clean it all up.
- He held me like a compression vest (something from my students that actually works on me too.)
- He helped me wash the bug covered pans.
- He personally composed an email to the managers so I wouldn't have to (and let me correct it so I didn't feel my cleanliness abilities were being attacked.)
- He put away the dinner fixings.
- He convinced me to change my clothes and come out to dinner with him.
- He took me to grab some dinner fixings, and then we parked at the Provo temple.
- Not to mention, this parking included a singing at the top of your lungs, and dance party.

I love my husband. He helped me forget the ugliness I had felt as I tore the kitchen apart. He helped me feel like it was clean enough to function. He made sure I was calm and content before I went to bed so I wouldn't have bad dreams.

No comments: